Subject: [Leica] New TriX
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Apr 10 06:15:04 2004

>I share your pain. Now that I scan and use digital, Tri-X went from my
>favorite film to my least favorite film. I'd like to like it. Anyone
>have a recommendation for a good 35mm scanner that can scan Tri-X
>without it looking like crap? So far, developing it in Paterson FX50
>seems to help since it leave very thin negatives.

Hmm... My Nikon LS-4000 doesn't seem to have problems with CoolScan.
With VueScan, I can set up multiple scans from a single negative,
which really helps in shadow/highlight detail, especially when I
output in 16-bit and use Photoshop CS's new shadow/highlight to bring
them out.

Karen

p.s. I develop in everything: D76 1+1; Diafine; Ultrafin; and HC-110.

--
Karen Nakamura