Subject: [Leica] London
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Apr 9 22:34:10 2004

Leo,

London is so wonderful, I don't know where to start...My favorite spots
include:

- Tottenham Court Road with all the big bookshops (open until 10 or 11
pm) and the surrounding streets
- Hyde Park Corner on weekends, as suggested by others
- the Covent Garden market and other street markets--you get a free
listing at many Tube stations
- for people watching, Oxford Street and Picadilly are good
- the Tate Modern art museum
- the Indian and Bangladeshi shops and restaurants on Brick Lane

As for photo exhibitions, there is usually something interesting at the
National Portrait Gallery, but there are also lots of other venues. What
I do when I go to London is to buy the latest issue of Amateur
Photographer when I arrive at the airport--it has a very good listing of
current shows. I have seen some amazing stuff at lesser-known galleries
and even at the Canadian embassy thanks to this publication.

Nathan