Subject: [Leica] Peter widens his horizons
From: bdcolen at (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Apr 6 12:32:06 2004

Hey, come on, Daniel - It isn't rangefinder coupled not because it
'isn't necessary,' but because leaving off the coupling is a way to
produce a much less expensive lens. I somehow doubt that Leica would
tell you that the coupling on it's 24 is unnecessary. And I know that
when I'm shooting wide open and close - which is how I use wide angles,
I sure as hell want to be able to focus accurately. Yes, I know that
I've got some room for error - but I really don't want to guestimate at
f 2.8 at, say, 28 inches. ;-)

But that doesn't mean that you aren't probably right when you say that a
21 being a whisker off is won't be a problem..:-)

B. D.