Subject: [Leica] 35f1.4Asph, Nik28f1.4, 35f1.4non-Asph
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Apr 5 06:37:29 2004

Sorry, Tom - I've owned the 28 1.4 Nikon lens, and while it is an
excellent lens, it's about the size of a Maxwell House Coffee can - it
makes the 35 1.4 asph look like a jewled miniature.

As to table top photography - How would one do table-top photography
with a wide angle lens that only focuses to about 28 inches? That's not
what the lens is for....And as for the bokeh issue. Yes, the bokeh is
softer with the pre-asph M 35 1.4 than it is with the ASPH...but so is
the entire image. :-) And I can honestly say I've never shot an image
with the ASPH whose bokeh fits your description of the bokeh.

B. D.