Subject: [Leica] Digilux 2 comments! :-)
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Mar 25 11:38:17 2004

Chasseur d'Images evaluated the Olympus, Nikon and Canon 8 Mp cameras.
The noise even at 200asa of the Canon was poor. The Oly was best
quality but not for ergonomics. I think it is expecting too much to get
so many pixels onto such a tiny chip and make the lens accurately
enough. I have yet to see a satisfactory evaluation of an 8 Mp P&S.
Even most of the 5 Mp units are inferior to the 4Mp cameras of the same
design and chip size for noise. The Leica/Panasonic gives good results
and is ergonomically great - like a normal camera. I have the Panasonic
- I prefer black.
Frank