Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Differences in DVD-R Quality
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:35:48 +0100

Hi Greg,

I too investigated this a little when I bought a DVD drive over
Christmas, but I could not find anything definite on various web sites
or by asking people. With CDs there is pretty much a consensus that the
gold ones, like Kodak's, are the best; but with DVDs there is no such
consensus. So I stick with major brands like Sony or Philips and hope
for the best.

Nathan

"Greg J. Lorenzo" wrote:

> Thanks Ted, I do know that you have to match the media to the burner in
> your drive, i.e. use DVD+ media if your burner is a plus burner or DVD-
> DVD's if your burner is a minus burner. Mine is DVD+.
>
> I do know with CD's that some are advertised as better for audio, or
> photos, and I read on the LUG awhile back that some CD's are made to
> last longer (rust never sleeps!) like Kodak's at one time. However, I
> don't know much about DVD qualitative differences.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg
>
> Ted Grant wrote:
>
> >Hi Greg,
> >
> >Comments the other day on the Masterfile photg list that some DVD wont open
> >on different machines or programmes? Waht reason, sory i didn't really pay
> >any attention as I'm not into DVD, but they were about archival and opening,
> >so maybe have aserious look before you start burning.
> >
> >Unless we've got a few good men and women into DVD technology on the list
> >for your answers..
> >ted

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands