Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson RD1 pictures and basic specs on DPreview
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:28:19 -0700

A couple of points:

It may be quieter than the standard Bessa R2 because it has an
electronic shutter and because it will not need the exceptionally noisy
double shutter design of the R2.

Someone mentioned we should be screaming because it is not a full frame
sensor. Actually pretty much the only way to fit a current technology
digital sensor to an M camera is to crop the edges where all the
problems are with skew rays. This has been discussed with regard to the
potential Leica version as well. I will grant you that it has not
always been met with joy and celebration but it has been discussed and
not always as a deal killer.

John Collier

Message from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] epson digital RF report pages)
Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Epson RD1 pictures and basic specs on DPreview)