Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternative to Digi2: G5 or C5060?
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:18:10 -0500

I have the Oly 5050.  It has a faster lens than the 5060 but it is not
as wide, so that part of the equation is a trade-off.  The 5050 was $200
less because it is last year's model.

I tried the Canon G3 for a weekend and didn't like it.  The shutter lag
was enormous and I hated the viewfinder.  Actually the viewfinders on
all of them are pretty bad.

The pictures from each will probably be hard to tell apart.  If you can,
even just in the store, try them out and see which feels best to you.
The ergonomics are what really sold me on the 5050.

Mike D