Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 9: Winter in Holland and Denmark
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:41:14 +0100

The Netherlands does not get much snow, certainly not the part of the
country where we live. So, when we woke up last Monday morning to see
everything white, I immediately realised that getting the children to
school would be a challenge (Dutch people are not good at driving in
snow and ice). And so it was--this is the motorway in the direction of
Hilversum and Utrecht:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_9.jpg

After observing the non-moving traffic for a couple of minutes, I phoned
the school and told them that my daughter was not coming. Instead, I
went for a walk around the neighbourhood:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_9alt1.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_9alt2.jpg

By Thursday the snow was long gone, the weather was nice and I was able
to drive to Denmark to visit my father for a few days. These two
pictures are from a couple of special places--special to me, because I
used to walk around there a lot with my mother when she was alive. The
first one is a lake with swans that apparently did not take kindly to my
visit, so I snapped the shot and walked away quickly:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_9alt3.jpg

And finally a reminder of the summer on the local beach:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_9alt4.jpg

All five pictures with the M6, 35mm Summilux, on Agfa Scala.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and as always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands