Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M and Cosina Digitals
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:48:23 -0500

if it doesn't take the noctilux as an f1.0 normal lens with 1 inch DOF
at 5 feet and nauseluxian fingerprint, it's not interesting to me.

shoot, i might as well find and dig out my 35/1.4, 50/1.4
and 105/1.8 nikkors and buy a kodak (i don't normally follow digital, but
i was shocked that you get get a full-frame F-mount digi-SLR for $2,945.95)

come to think of it, i even have a viso-to-nikon
adapter somewhere so i also have leitz 65, 200, 280, 400, 560 glass to
try.  but that's quite a different animal than the digital M with a
noct up front.

that brings me to another idea; as well as being full frame, it would be
incredibly and perversely impressive if the camera should take the visoflex
mirror box.  i cannot explain it.  but i would DEFINITELY buy it.

- -rei

On Mar02 07:07, John Collier wrote:
> I will go out on a limb and say that not only will it not be full
> frame, you will also not be able to successfully use the older lenses
> which are a few scant mm away from the shutter. Time will tell...
>
> John Collier
>
> PS: Last rumor I heard was a 1.3 or 1.4 factor. Easy to accommodate as
> you just change the frame size in the finder. So your 35 becomes a 50
> and your 24 a 35...

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey