Subject: Re: [Leica] Traveling the world, just me and my camera
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:29:32 -0800

on 3/1/04 5:47 PM, Jack Baty at jbaty@fusionary.com wrote:

>> [snip]
>>
>> There are too many people who think all you need is a Leica, film, running
>> shoes and a foreign country and you'll become the next HCB or Marc Riboud,
>> and that's absolute nonsense.
>
> While I agree completely, I wonder if the point of the original post was
> that it's *not* about the equipment. I read it as, "He takes great
> photos with a single camera and only one lens!"
>
> FWIW, I use an M6 and 35 and my photos are crap. Maybe it's the
> traveling the world part I'm missing!

I hate to break this to you, but it's not the 'traveling the world' part,
either.  IMHO the best photos are in your 'back yard', however you define
that.  It's the places you know and can come back to again and again.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Traveling the world, just me and my camera)