Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NC weather
From: sdp35 <sdp35@cwazy.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:53:00 -0500

On Feb 29, 2004, at 3:12 PM, Ric Carter wrote:

> Just what is the Tarheel head count here anyway?
>
> Hell, yea, I know the Sunnyside, although it just isn't the same since
> getting renovated. Other Eastern NC hot spots should certainly count
> the R&C in downtown Williamston for real home cooking, the Cypress
> Grill in with those killer fresh herrings, and Bill's Hot Dogs in
> Washington for the perfectly nasty light brown chili.

Got to add Parker's Barbecue in Wilson to that list.  The place is
right out of the 1960s with big strapping young men wielding huge trays
of food around the knotty-pine paneled dining room.

> Robert--where's the family river place? Our house is in Arbor Bluff on
> Tranter's Creek. Kitty's family has a lot at Sunnyside where we hang
> out some in nice weather.
>
> Kelly--do I know you? Where are you in Washington?
>
> Dave--I spent 13 years in Chapel Hill before heading back east and
> then bouncing back to Garner to work in Raleigh. I guess bars are more
> reliable landmarks in Chapel Hill. Restaurants seem to change more
> quickly.
>
> CZ-- Potecasi is in Northampton County. You are so right, there's
> nothing quite as satisfying as seeing a primped out TV anchor say
> Cone-ToeRaleigh is the farthest west you can barbecue. I don't know
> what that other stuff actually is.

I was going to say Northampton...was pretty sure it wasn't Halifax but
wasn't sure it wasn't in Bertie.

And as Conetoe is pronounce kuh-nee-tuh, why isn't Pinetops pronounced
puh-nih-tups?

And do we have the makings of the NCLUG here?

Craig Zeni
NC

Replies: Reply from Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> ([Leica] Photos of NC Weather)
Reply from Robert Clark <rclark01@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: NC weather)