Subject: Re: [Leica] The Tsar's last picture show - BBC channel 4
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:51:54 +0000

Marc

I have no idea at all because this came as a bit of a surprise to me - I
had always just assumed that she was French and that her ancestry was
likewise. She told me that when the Bolsheviks took over and executed
the Tsar etc. her family (as 'minor' royalty) were allowed to leave
Russia on foot with just one suitcase each. The album went into the
suitcase and the family ended up in Paris as the French were sympathetic
to them at the time, and her mother had lived there ever since.

Gerry