Subject: Re: [Leica] The Tsar's last picture show - BBC channel 4
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:05:44 +0000

Totally off target but a while ago I was handed an album by a friend
with 'Could I copy some of the old photos?' She explained that she had
the album from her 80+ mother who was living in Paris and she may never
get it again. On looking I found photos of the Tsar and his family with
hand written notes on them. 'Oh yes' she said ' this one says Happy
Christmas from Nicholas' and this one says etc. etc. Turns out that her
great-grandmother was a member of the Russian royal family and this
album was the family album that was brought out of Russia when they were
allowed to flee!

Gerry