Subject: RE: [Leica] Embedded Brit journalists will receive Iraq Campaign medal
From: Parker Haeg <rangefinderr2@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:07:54 -0800 (PST)

While I'm normally content to sit quietly in the
corner and keep to myself, I have to weigh in on this
one.
I've spent more than a few nights on the lower East
Side w/ folks who shot in Irag and they are all
troubled by the conditions under which they worked and
what it all means to their futures, let alone
humanity.  No one with any backbone was ok with it. .
. so, have the ceremony and give the medal to Geraldo.
To claim that photographers, or any journalists, did
something unusually heroic is disingenuous.  Bravery
is not going through a training camp in Virginia and
clipping across the lower Iraq in a tank, surrounded
by well armed troops.
Ask the folks who shot in El Salvador, Lebanon or
Indonesia if they ever received a medal.
If you would, please keep the mindless fawning of
American power to the FOX network on my dish (which I
actually watch quite often)
Parker