Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica FUD
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:41:31 EST

In a message dated 2/22/04 10:09:11 AM, Daniel writes:

<< OF
COURSE Leica would say there is a difference. Next thing we know there'll
be rumors about lenses that Leica rejected are being used on Panasonics.
Anything to sneak in that element of doubt and get some people to pay
extra for the Red dot. >>

Daniel,

I heard this rumor years ago about the Leica/Minolta CL. The Leica factory
rep in NJ swore that Leica cherrypicked the best cameras from Minolta and sold
them as Leicas, implying that Minolta sold the rejects. Strangely enough on a
visit to Minolta in Japan, my Minolta contact informed me that the rejects went
to Leica, Minolta selling the best cameras under their own brand. Sherry
Krauter, probably the best CL expert in the country, assures me that there is
absolutely no difference between the cameras.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Re:Leica FUD)
Reply from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re:Leica FUD)