Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 8: This and that, from Spain
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:52:26 -0800

Tapas are little portions of tasty dishes usually served by bars in
Spain.  Ah, just thinking about them makes me miss Spain.  I lived
there for around 4 years - 1 year in the south (Malaga), when I was 12
or so, then 3 more years in my last 3 years of High School in the north
(Zaragona).  Even at age 16, my friends and I used to roam the old
city, hopping from bar to bar, eating tapas and having drinks until the
late hours.  Night life in Spain gets started around 8pm.  In the
south, you can see whole families out on "Paseo" (walking) even after
midnight, especially in the summer.

More on tapas here:
http://www.andalucia.com/taste/tapas/home.htm

I was just in Spain in December/January on the way to/from Morocco.  We
did a bit of tapa bar hopping in Toledo and Malaga.  What a lovely
country.

- --Jim