Subject: Re: [Leica] OT...But camera related..
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:49:42 -0800

Jon,
I agree with the other LUGgers who have said the disposable camera
concept is a bad idea.  I notice on one of your posts that your
daughter's step father is a former wedding photog.  Can't he be cajoled
into doing the job?  Who is giving away the bride?

A few years ago, I did one of those "journalistic" shoots as a present
for a friend's wedding.  All candids in existing light.  At the time,
we were both working in the television industry, and I said "hey, how
about we pretend you guys are celebrities, and I am covering it for a
magazine story.  They had a proper wedding photographer there too, with
all his lights, etc.  I covered the event with a pair of M6s on Tri-X
@ISO 250, souped in Rodinal.  I handed off the negatives with contact
sheets.  Months later, she showed me her wedding album.  About 80% of
it was the black and white stuff, with just a few of the group shots.
But it was clear that the candids were the most prized shots of the
day.

So, Jon, load up your Leica with some Tri-X, and get to work!!  In
years to come, a set of beautiful B&W photographs taken by her father
will be treasured.

- --Jim Laurel