Subject: Re: [Leica] scanning dark scala question/Nikon 5000
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:13:41 -0800

Steve Barbour said:
> Hi Don... I am just setting up a new Nikon 5000
> ED, replacing a Sprintscan 4000....I assume you
> have been using this scanner with good results....
>
> I am yet to do the first scans, but that will be
> soon...your note below is helpful, any further
> thoughts certainly appreciated.....<<<<<<<,

Hi Steve,
I've the Sprintscan 4000 and on more than one occasion I've about thrown it
out the door.

I've seen negative posts regarding Nikon scanners for B&W so I'm very
interested in your results or those of other Nikon 5000 users.

The comments usually pertain to the "ice feature" reading grain and trying
to correct it and in doing so spoil the scanned photograph. Comments?

ted

Replies: Reply from Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] scanning dark scala question/Nikon 5000)
Message from Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> ([Leica] scanning dark scala question/Nikon 5000)