Subject: Re: [Leica] Reasons to use film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:52:23 -0800

Dan Khong said:
> I went back to my compact flash card.  Zilch!  No more trace....all the
> shots were gone...must have pressed the wrong button.......or system
> failure......
>
> Never had the same problem with film for umpteen years...............
>
> Moral of story.....................digital archivality is either a dream
or
> a full time job!<<<<<,,

Hi Dan,
Having gone through this  "download... delete all" digital disaster :-( Not
once, but a couple of times it's occured to me "film maybe longer with
souping and scanning" ......... but if all else fails at least I have it...
"ON FILM!" And negatives or slides in hand.

There isn't any question the more I'm using digital, OK playing with it, the
more I like it. :-)However, there's always a nagging feeling as I down load
images off the card to computer, "What happens if I screw this up and lose
them all?" And then panic sets in and my belly goes into major up heaval
over drive! :-(

Before I make a move I have to do a pre-flight check list to avoid potential
electronic destruction. Hopefully I'll eventually get over this, but damn
it's so nice to have a real roll of film in hand because then you know it's
always going to be there.:-)

ted