Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1
From: simonogilvie@totalise.co.uk
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:09:08 +0000

On 2/20/04 6:44 AM, "Sonny Carter" www.sonc.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:45:17 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04021305pansonicluminlc1.asp
>
>> In the case of the Digilux I (as if it has that much to do with the Digilux
>> II) the software in the Panasonic did not cut the mustard. There
>> lies the rub. A mustard rub. Which could go either way. The Leica
>> was Liked. The Panasonic was panned. And might have strangely cost
>> more money than the Leica.
>
> Huh? Do you mean bundled software or onboard? I doubt there is very much
> difference in the cameras except colors, logos and number of red dots. There
> is a difference in the bundled software, and the warranty.

There absolutely is a difference between the onboard software of the
two cameras.  We had it "from the horses mouth" at our visit to Leica
in the UK that the firmware on the Digilux 1 was "tuned" by Leica to
produce the sort of colours and tonality that would appeal to Leica
users, rather than the "Japanese colours" (their words not mine) of
the Panasonic.

I don't know of the same is true with the Digilux 2, but it wouldn't
surprise me.

Simon.

- ---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1)