Subject: Re: [Leica] Interesting piece on the Digital R
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:29:24 +0100 (MET)

> > > Oh, a Pulitzer qualifies you to write equipment reviews? Weird world ...
> > In my book? You better believe it.
>
> I prefer it if people doing equipment reviews have an idea what they are
> writing about. Especially I prefer it if people have handled the actual
> equipment before criticizing it.

Well, I never really thought BD was doing a "review" so I didn't really
associate your remarks with him.

As far as having a right to criticize something. I think the dimensions
and weight specifications provide enough for some people to do just that.
I myself have seen new R8's and R9's with my own eyes and that was enough
to make up my mind. I wasn't even tempted to handle them. Anything that
big that did so little was not going to end up in my bag. I didn't have to
handle it to arrive at that conclusion and I retain my right to say so.

Along with the lack of bang-for-the-buck (not many features).  I'm not a
feature nut, mind you. Who would use an M if they were?

Daniel