Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:01:26 -0800

At 06:25 PM 2/13/2004 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
>It's a bitch. And that is one of the true advantages of the full-size
>sensor. The factor, as I said, varies according to the sensor size. I
>believe the Canon DSLR's it's about 1.3, and Nikon it's about 1.5 - or
>maybe it's the other way around. With the Olympus it's a hair under 2,
>but becomes irrelevant as the camera has it's own lens line.
>..

I think Canon has two factors: 1.6ish for the 10D, 300D etc. and 1.3 for
the new 1D Mark II. If I have to guess, since Leica blathered so much about
the angle of incidence previously, that they have to have a full size
solution. Otherwise, as you and others have commented, it's not a whole lot
of use when there is no RF coupled 35mm or less lens!!!

The Eposina though, is another story. They may do say 1.3x or even 1.5x,
but what if Voigtlander-Cosina comes out with a 21mm effective 35mmish lens
with full RF coupling? That will make a majority of M users happy for a
while, if the picture quality is there.

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> (RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa?)