Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X turns 50
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com>
Date: 12 Feb 2004 18:59:14 -0800

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 18:02, Ted Grant wrote:
> Feli di Giorgio said wishfully:
> Subject: [Leica] Tri-X turns 50
>
> > Let's hope it's around for another 50...<
>
> >>Kodak's Venerable TRI-X Black-and-White Film Celebrates 50 Years of
> Unparalleled Popularity and Quality <<<<<
>
> OK Feli if it it's still around how old wil you be abd are you sure the
> world wont ll be digital by then? ;-)

Hmmm, I'll be 82. Just a puppy.
8-)

> Hell I'll only be 125, and if TRI-x is still around that should set some
> kind of record both for  user and film! ;-) Now there's a hell of a goal to
> aim for, 125 yrs. and shooting Tri-x with a Leica. ;-)
>
> ted

Wasn't there a woman in France who was about 127 when she went belly up?

Of course sometime around 2054 Leica should have full auto focus in the
R9A, but in a dramatic cost cutting measure, that will ensure Leicas
survival into the next decade, they once again eliminate the flare
suppressing condenser lens in the M9 range finder. Prices of M2,M3,M5,
MP, late M7's and upgraded M6 cameras skyrocket to unprecedented levels,
fueling a economic recovery all across Asia until it is discovered that
they are being bought up by a group of fanatical cult members belonging
to a shadow organization only known as the "LEG".
;-)

Feli

Message from Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com> ([Leica] Tri-X turns 50)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Tri-X turns 50)