Subject: RE: [Leica] Interesting piece on the Digital R
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:38:23 -0500

I may be associated with MIT, Adam, but I am not an engineer, nor am I a
scientist of any sort - I am a writer and photographer, with a degree in
journalism and allot of hours in political science and U.S. History. I
have less than no interest in engineering or boards, other than in what
they allow me to do in my fields. And btw, the fact that they are
showing you that board - which could well be something that was
discarded 18 months ago - tells you absolutely zip about where the
camera is now or where it's going. ;-) For that matter, the current
placement of buttons, in terms of which is which, also tells you
nothing.

IF they want to issue these kinds of interim releases, presumably to
keep the drool flowing, they ought to be doing precisely the kind of
things you suggest in your last paragraph - talking about choices
they're making, why they're making them, their design philosophy,
trade-offs, etc. Now THAT would be interesting.

B. D.