Subject: Re: [Leica] 400mm on a LTM camera
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:02:30 -0800

Hello Paul:

Your results are incourageing.  You do have an impediment in that the 2X
requires a two f-stop compensation and you had to  work with the lens wide
open.

My lens, being a 400, may make it possible to stop down and with 400 ISO
film provide for a fast shutter speed of  at least 1/500.

I have a 200mm telyt viewfinder adapted to fit in a camera accessory shoe
and a Tewe variable finder with a 200mm size opening.  I will try them while
centering the lens.

Incidently, I picked up the Tamron 400mm f6.9 lens for only $40.  A failure
in the experiment will not be a big loss while a success may present a cheap
alternative for a focal length that I may not use very often.

Best regards,
Roland Smith
Oakland, California