Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Scanner advice wanted
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:33:27 -0700

> I have several thousand B&W negatives to scan, mostly in 6 frame strips and
> rolls. Can anyone recommend a decent film scanner with a Firewire or USB input
> for my Mac computer?

I have a Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 with the roll film adapter. It works fine
both with its own software and with VueScan. Lots of folks don't think highly of
the Nikon software, and it's sorta iffy sometimes, but it works fine for me.
Under OS X 10.3 it seems to perform just fine.

There's a model 5000 that's out that replaces the 4000 so you might find a deal
when the new model hits the street.

This is a firewire scanner.

Adam