Subject: Re: [Leica] A new definition of inexpensive camera
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:20:16 -0800

>Henning Wulff said:
>>  That's what's starting to make the Epson 4000 look like a cheap printer.<<
>
>Hi Henning and others,
>Have any of you seen a 4000 in operation or does anyone use one yet?
>
>We're looking at getting rid of the 2200 if the 4000 runs on a better milage
>of inks than the 2200.
>
>ted

I've seen one running at our local dealer (Tricera computers) and it
is _BIG_. Looks very well made (as it should, with its size) and the
paper handling also looks better in all respects. It truly is the
up-to-date descendant of the 3000, with better everything including
bigger price. With the 220ml cartridges it should run at 15 to 25% of
the cost of the 2200, according to a couple of sources.

It's a bit hard to calculate out at what number/size of prints you
break even vis a vis the 2200, but you get the other advantages of
having both matte and photo blacks constantly installed, higher speed
and of course, 17" paper width.

The 2200 is the most expensive machine to run that I own. Good thing
my car gets better mileage.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design