Subject: RE: [Leica] MP vs. M7
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:20:05 -0500

Eric - How the sales are going, and whether it is the "instrument of the
pros" is utterly irrelevant; the sad current reality is that for all
intents and purposes - with some very notable exceptions - Leica M
cameras are no longer "instruments of the pros." Period. That day is
long past. They are, however, fine instruments. The real question, the
only relevant question, is "which is the ideal instrument for Eric
Ertman?" Will you be happier owning, or thinking you own, the ultimate
Leica M, the "modern M3," or will you be happier with perfectly exposed
photos of your young children?

Only you can answer that question.

Best

B. D.