Subject: Re: [Leica] enlargers
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:10:05 -0500

Ebay is a real crapshoot for enlargers in general, because after you
pay $100 to ship a huge object (it doesn't really cost that much if
your seller knows what he is doing - i.e., never) you generally find
that it is rusted, needs a $40 bulb (if you can find it, or antinewton
glass that no one has stocked for a while.

A good enlarger will cost $300 and up used if you want to save yourself
massive frustration.

And I would skip anything but a Durst or a Leica.  You might as well
get a good one, since it is tough to get rid of cheapo enlargers.

Dante