Subject: Re: [Leica] Back from Ecuador
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:28:46 -0500

At 07:00 PM 1/22/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>We were supposed to, and paid for a fairly basic cruise, but due to
>accidents and ships that weren't finished being renovated in time, we were
>bumped up a number to steps to a very posh ship, where some people dressed
>semi-formally for dinner. As our trip to SA had included the Inca trail
>hike in Peru and Amazon jungle as well, our wardrobe was geared more to
>hiking gear. Some of the other passengers didn't want to have much to do
>with us, but we still got served :-).
>
>All in all, the Galapagos were one of the most amazing and rewarding
>places I've ever been to.
>
>--
>    *            Henning J. Wulff

We were on a tiny, 10-passenger sailboat and the most anybody dressed was
to throw on a shirt over a swimsuit!  I agree about the Galapagos.  We had
a wonderful guide who went out of his way to be sure that we never ran into
any other people.  We only saw animals on all of the islands.  I thought I
would be claustrophobic after a week on a tiny boat, but I wasn't at
all.  The crew and the rest of the group were wonderful.  Of course, we
made up 4 of the 10 and could have mutinied if we weren't happy!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com