Subject: [Leica] Back from Ecuador
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:54:37 -0500

Hi, Y'all -

I'm back from Ecuador and wading through over 7,000 e-mails that I got
while I was gone.  If I haven't answered one you sent me, I'll get to it
soon!  My computer is grinding away, converting RAW to tiffs and jpegs.  My
slide film is drying in the darkroom.  I used the Canon 10D most of the
time with Canon and Leica lenses, but also the R6.2 with my 400/6.8.  My
son dropped his M4 and knocked it out of alignment so he used my Digilux.

Ecuador is a photographer's paradise.  We spent the first three weeks in
the Andes, visiting Indian villages.  I mountain biked, rode horses and
hiked with my new knees and they worked great.  Nobody ever objected to
having their photo made. I'd be hiking along in the mountains taking photos
and people would come up and ask me to take their photos!  They invited me
into their houses!  I think I'll retire there.

The last week we spent in a small sailboat in the Galapagos
Islands.  That's where I used the 400 to photograph blue-footed boobies and
red-throated frigate birds.  We went snorkeling and I wished for an
underwater camera.  We had a couple of disposable ones that worked
surprisingly well, but next time I'll take underwater housing of some kind.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that your new year is even
better!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com