Subject: Re: [Leica] Negative cutting solution
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:03:11 +0100 (MET)

> Count the sprockets between the frames where you can see.  If you know that
> it's 2 sprockets to the left of the last number, you'll know where to cut.

I recognize Luc's problem with the M3. He has one like mine. The frames
are actually a little bit larger than the frames on an M2 or later. The
problem is that the space between the frames is very tight. There's about
as much space between the frames as there is on each side of the cut when
you cut other negatives. It is so much bigger that I can't use it with the
V35's fullframe negative carrier. The fullframe carrier works for all the
other M's I have, but not the M3. The frames are just too big. The film is
advanced by the same number of sprockets, but the larger frames eat up the
space that would have been between them.

Go to a sewing store. Buy the smallest scissors you can. Embroidery
scissors are small (don't block your view) and sharp (real sharp :( ).
White background (I use the newspaper) and a good light. If you miss, it's
just part of the photographic process :)

Daniel

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Negative cutting solution)