Subject: [Leica] Susan Meiselas show
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:31:41 -0500

For any of you LA area LUGers...There's a show of images from Susan
Meiselas's seminal work - Carnival Strippers - to accompany a new
printing of the book of the same name, at a gallery in Santa Monica; the
opening was last night. I mention this because my daughter, Alicia,
produced the prints, which were was described by the gallery owner as
"the most gorgeous contemporary black and white prints (of this kind of
work) she's ever seen." ...(Okay, maybe she was being just a tad
effusive given that she said that to Alicia :-)). In any case, the
prints are apparently selling like 'hot cakes.'

No, of course I don't know the name or address of the gallery - but I
assume there's a listing of the show in some publication out there.

B. D.
Who Could Never Turn Much More Than Mud Out Of The Wet Darkroom Himself.

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Susan Meiselas show)
Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Susan Meiselas show)