Subject: [Leica] Re: The Non-Paw (Redux)
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:01:26 -0800

Ted Grant asked:

>An interesting picture but what I can't figure out is.... "where is the
>light coming from on Ben's face?"  Are there different light scources from
>the flashlight?
>
>I see one round light on the "flashlight" in his hands pointing outwards,
>but the strip of vertical light on his face? Where's that coming from?

- --------

Ted:

The main light is coming from a window... it was very harsh, so I used the
flash w/Sto-fen diffuser to soften it, without making it wash out entirely.

The "light from the flashlight" is actually sunlight from the window
reflected off it's lens.

I know how you hate "twinkie lights", but this shot would have been
impossible without one.  Indoors, it was quite dark and the Alberta sun
reflecting off the snow was just too intense.

Personally, I thought the window light was what made the photo. It's
reflection on the flashlight was a luck happenstance. :)

Cheers!

David Young	| The LHSA Spring Shoot - Victoria, B.C.
Victoria,	| April 23 thru 25th, 2004.
CANADA. 	| Join the LHSA and join in the fun!

Information at:  http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/spring-shoot.htm

Personal Web-site at: http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr