Subject: Re: [Leica] Rating film
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:32:44 +0100 (MET)

Matt,

All of these are too small of tolerances to be used as a norm. It sounds
like someone has trimmed in their own particular set up (which might not
be that much like yours).

I've heard the opposite about Velvia and a lot of us use Tri-X at 800 not
320. Different strokes for different folks. You'll just have to find out
what works best for you the way you process now.

My experience is that Tri-X rated at Kodak's recommendation will give you
all the detail you're going to get.

Underexposing transparencies ever so slightly tends to bring out some
color. Overexposing negatives ever so slightly does too.

You'll just have to give it a go. Nothing is better than experience.

Daniel