Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - QE, QM, etc
From: "WOC" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:59:13 -0500

Oliver,
  I felt bad for the GIs on the ship, their life had to be the pits, the
highlight seemed to be standing at ease on deck. I couldn't stand being
cooped up in the cabin below deck and could not imagine being stuffed where
you were.  By '66 when I came back it was by plane, which pleased me.  And
then that same year I got to return to Germany, this time wearing spiffy
green cloths, but it was by plane as well as my memorable trip Viet Nam.
  Took my wife decades to get me back on a big ship.
Bill

Happy New Year to Luggers everywhere.