Subject: Re: [Leica] CONCORDE: Filthy Lucre
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:15:26 +0000

HST is interesting. Whilst I was a member of the H G Wells society at
Imperial College, where I was a student 1969-1971. Barnes Wallis gave a
lecture annually and in one of them he explained his design and theory
behind the HST. His argument was that Australia and New Zealand were
the only nations the British could trust so a plane needed designing
which could fly between us fast and non stop :-) He was, as always, way
ahead of his time technically.
Frank