Subject: Re: [Leica] Assistance on a Camera Bag - Use a harness!
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:12:46 -0700

Have you tried carrying your camera with one of these devices? It is a
harness that takes the weight off the neck entirely.  I use one to carry my
Leica or Swarovski binoculars when birding/hiking, and my Nikon F4s with
tele (during those increasingly rare times when I use it). I swear, with one
of these you can walk and not even feel you are carrying binoculars or a
heavy SLR and still have it ready for instant use.  With the camera you need
to adjust the strap a bit longer to allow easy vertical framing, but this is
not a problem in practice.

here is a website that shows what I am talking about.  I know there are
better illustrations of this kind of harness, but at 0600, with only half a
cup of coffee under my belt, this is the best I could do!

http://americanbirding.org/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ASBS&Product_Code=971&Category_Code=OACC

cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ