Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: more digital printing
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:32:19 -0800

lea wrote:

> Thanks for all the info so far on this Epson 2200 which I've been using
> with mixed feelings for about 3 months
> now.
>
> This morning I switched out the photo black with matt black and printed
> on Epson's matt paper. Using black ink only I get a rather sepiaish
> tone...not that I mind it, it's just very warm. Using color controls
> with no changes to the sliders at 720 dpi I get the same blue tint I get
> using the pearl finish from Ilford.
>
> If you guys are all getting great results I must be doing something
> wrong......................I'm open to anyone who can give me
> suggestions and pointers.
>
> Ideally I'd like to get a great neutral black print on the Ilford pearl
> paper. If I have to switch to matt to get that, I'd be willing to make
> the switch.
>
> I want to love this printer and the output but I feel a bit like a
> jilted lover right now...
> Lea
>
> Lea Murphy
><Snip>

http://studio-nelson.com/inkjet/bw22001.htm
make sure you check out the last of it's 4 pages.
Seems just black printing on the Epson is a real bad idea.
I've got another friend who does this and i sent this to him.
IF you Google epson "2200 black and white printing" you get more good
feedback than you can shake a stick at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=epson+2200+black+and+white+printing

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com/Catagorypages/PersonalWork.html