Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:18:31 -0700

I too find the 1m focus a real limitation on the Noctilux. 0.7m would
be much better (perfect for me) and one could always stop down to f/1.4
when you were focusing that close. I actually have no trouble nailing
F/1 at 1m and would not be dismayed if I could focus to 0.7m and had to
accept a few misses. Otherwise I love my Nocti and it is my lens of
choice anytime before May and after September. I have a hunch I will
try a Summilux fairly soon and it may well replace the Noctilux.
Especially so if the recent rumor of a new Summilux-M bears fruit.

John Collier