Subject: [Leica] Digilux Zoom Repair?
From: "Michael E. Berube" <MEB@GoodPhotos.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:20:57 -0500

Happy Hanukka, Yule, Christmas and Kwanza y'all!

When I upgraded to a Leica G2 and then a Leica D100, I had given my mom my very first digital camera: a Leica (fuji) Digilux Zoom. I have since replaced the Digilux for her with an A70 because the Digilux is displaying a "Card Error!" message no matter what card we put into it or how many times we try to format. I took the batteries out until the date reset itself and have reset the menu and tried everything else that I can think of, but it still offers up the same Card Error! message when turned on. No doubt some sort of glitch internally that needs fixing or to be reset by a qualified tech.

Does anyone know where could I send this to be repaired? To Fuji, to Leica or some third party? It is WAY passed warranty and I bought it second hand anyhow, but I figured that if it were not too costly a fix, I could let my 5 and 6 year old grrrls get hooked on photography with it. It really is a very nice camera for 4X6 prints.

Thanks in advance.
Michael Eric Berube