Subject: Re: [Leica] Security In Public Places
From: eric@jphotog.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:22:32 -0600 (CST)

Hi Leonard.

Great story. I actually have a friend who works for one of the Military
Inetlligencedepartments. He's also recently discharged from the Army. He is also an IT
person for theL.A. Fire Department. But in his role as an intelligence officer, he
photographs ships comingand going in the Long Beach area. He tries to document every ship that the
government isinterested in following. Kind of an interesting job. But your experience
confirms that themilitary does consider port areas sensitive in terms of potential threats
and intelligencegathering goes on there daily.

You handled yourself perfectly. And I'm sure the officers appreciated it.