Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Farm Tractors &SUV's
From: "Richard Coutant" <rhc3vt@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:00:45 -0500

Absolutely. The original gearbox and clutch on my fifty-year-old Fordson
Super Dexta are still fine, and I can hardly ever remember shifting while in
motion.  And I (almost) always double-clutch when downshifting my old 300ZX
Nissan.
There's nothing even slightly agricultural about the works of a Leica; I'm
trying to think of the best camera analogy to a non-synchro gearbox...   a
Zenit, maybe, or even better - the advance mechanism on a Start.  Or a
Graflex?
Nice to have you around, Frank!

Richard Coutant