Subject: RE: [Leica] #$@%$^ art photographers
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:15:59 +0100 (MET)

I've often thought of this Kit ... selling not having to do with quality.

But if we look back at the classics ... take Greek theatre for example,
the most famous plays that have survived are the ones that the public
loved (Euripides had a love/hate relationship with the public, but we
moderns appreciate him).

Homer ... immensely popular, big seller, paperback, in his day. It seems
that time preserves the works that were very popular. The ones we
remember, van Gogh for example, are exceptions.

It seems that in the history of art, the most prestigious works were
popular even to the masses. Maybe that's art ... being able to touch so
many different kind of people?

I've often thought of that ... but then I have a short attention span and
just go on with my life :)

Daniel