Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 50mm/f2 DR lens
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:27:03 -0600

>a venerable  old Leitz Wetzlar lens, I know... thought by many to be
>their personal favorite, of all... I wonder if those...who have been
>there/ done that could comment on the properties of this lens, its
>capabilities, and where they would find it most useful....

Extremely high resolution with low contrast. If you look at my
gallery below, my most recent PAW photos are taken with it. You might
think low contrast is bad, but it means that this lens can really
peer into the shadows. It captures a very broad dynamic range.

I have the more recent Summicron as well. It has higher contrast,
less dynamic range.

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura