Subject: Re: [Leica] Summaron 3,5/35mm
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:02:55 -0500

At 07:44 PM 12/8/03 +0100, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>Hi César,
>
>I second Henning (I think it was him) who recommended that you might take
a look at
>the Voigtlander/Cosina lenses if you are on a budget. You will get a much
better
>lens than some ancient Summaron, in which you will also have to invest
good money
>to have it cleaned. I have a 35/2.5 VC which I like very much for when I
know that
>I will not need the speed of my Summilux. There is also the 35/1.7. I
don't know
>where in Portugal you are, but it doesn't matter--you can order those
lenses from
>any of the reputable dealers in Germany and have a better lens for your M6
than the
>Summaron, probably for a smaller outlay.

It pains me to disagree with the Learned Nathan but, in the end, you will
do FAR better with a 2.8/35 Jupiter-12 than with this Cosina exercize.  And
the Jupiter-12 can be had for $US 50 to $US 100.  Just insist on a right of
return, and take some pictures with it.  The LTM versions seem to be
relatively flare-proof and the optical quality of a good one is magnificent.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> ([Leica] Re: Cosina v. Jupiter (WAS: Summaron 3,5/35mm))