Subject: RE: [Leica] Art Galleries!!!
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:35:26 -0700

> Tina,
>
> Questions about Smooth...
>
> Do you, can you, use matt black with it?

Yes you can/should

> Epson doesn't recommend it with a 2200; do you know why? Is it just
> because they don't sell it small enough to run through a 2200?

I'm not sure about don't recommend it, but they don't yet sell it in sheet
sizes - though they are supposed to be soon (and as such there isn't yet a
2200 canned profile for it - though I have something that works pretty well
for colour).

It's also very probable that the Epson Scrapbook paper is the same paper
only in a different weight/size.

It's also most likely that the Epson Scrapbook/Ultrasmooth is this paper:

The PremierArt Fine Art Hot Pressed - which you can get in 4 weights, some
double sided.

This is what I'm using on my 2200 for colour (and the old 1160 for
quadtones). Wonderful stuff with excellent longevity. As it has no OBA's it
is slightly warmer/creamier than say Photo Rag. The 325gsm weight has a
gorgeous feel and prints very nicely in colour as well as quads. Nash
editions - one of the original inkjet/iris printers, while they very much
like the Arches Infinity paper (very expensive) seem to be moving towards
this, as they feel it is just about as good, but is also more resistant to
scuffing/handles better.

details here

http://www.premierimagingproducts.com/

http://www.premierimagingproducts.com/pdf/media/Premier_Art_Hot_Press.pdf