Subject: Re: [Leica] The VARIO-ELMARIT-R ASPH f/2.8 - 4.5/28 - 90 mm is there.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:52:30 -0800

Kit McChesney said:
> > The 21-35 R wide angle zoom is one honey of a lens, too ... if one needs
> > those focal lengths in a single optic, it's a sweet lens. Great color
> > saturation and very sharp. Pretty, too! ;-)<<<

Gee Kit I never looked at it as "pretty." ;-) Well built though! ;-)

I use mine a lot as she's a "beauty and well built" ;-) and sharpness /
contrast cutting is excellent. I have it locked on one R8, the 35-70 on
another. While the long zoom, 80-200 f4 is on the third.

And the best part?  No screwing around changing lenses and you have about
99% of your photo situations covered without batting an eye. And when
editing slides on the light table it appears there's good balanced
saturation / sharpness / contrast so they match nicely in layout or slide
presentation.

ted

Message from "Howard L Ritter, Jr" <hlritter@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] The VARIO-ELMARIT-R ASPH f/2.8 - 4.5/28 - 90 mm is there.)