Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW 47 dlridings
From: "WOC" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:17:39 -0500

Daniel,

snip...

> Can't you just see it with a Rollei ... girls whizz by and Daniel's head
> keeps panning the wrong direction :)

Had to chuckle when I read that.  In an earlier response to Sam about a
Formula 1 photographer I got to thinking back to the 1st time I used a
'real' camera.  It was as a teen living in Germany in the mid 60s and I went
to my 1st race, the Formula 1 in Solitude.  My friend brought a Rollei tlr.
Not knowing any better or having preconceived notions, plus being a teen, I
adapted quickly but it was strange having the cars go the wrong way.
We developed the film that night and I was hooked on racing and photography,
something that has managed to extract more dollars from me then I would like
to think about.
To prove to skeptics you could do something like that, I brought my Hassy to
a race a few years back.  Must admit, without the prism it was like sticking
pins in my eyes :->

Bill